Thursday, July 22, 2010

Growing Up Bates: Redneck Easter Egg

My dad has a great sense of humor. Every now and then he has a brilliant moment of hilarity - if that is even a word. Being a bit of a humor freak myself, he did not often catch me off guard....

....until one Easter morning.

My mom was really big into making Easter baskets for us, even when we were older, she would make these cool Easter baskets with all sorts of goodies in them. We just began to take for granted that when we got up on Easter morning there would be candy to be eaten and eggs to colored.

On this Easter morning, mom set dad loose to make my Easter basket. It consisted of one item:

A giant watermelon...

...Painted white with Indoor Latex Paint...

...With the words "Hoppy Easter" scrawled across it....

I have never laughed so hard before or since. It was truely a moment of genius.

No comments: